Kee to Your Future Businesswomen’s Mentor Program
The overall goal of the Kee to Your Future Businesswomen’s Mentor Program is to provide support, encouragement and guidance to women over the age of 30 who are entering or re-entering the workforce, or who would like to move toward a position of greater responsibility in their organizations.
The Kee to Your Future Businesswomen’s Mentor Program is a pilot program in partnership with the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
The program was introduced at the Chamber’s Professional Women’s Forum on 10/6/11. Ten Mentor / Mentee pairs have been matched for the pilot program via the following process:
- Applicants for both Mentors and Mentees completed online or paper applications.
- Applications were reviewed by the Mentor Committee and matched in January. Participants were notified via e-mail of their acceptance into the program.
- Women who were chosen to be mentees have the opportunity to complete personality, behavior and values assessments from synergize! at no charge.
- Matching occurred by the Mentor Committee based on career and personal interests.
- A Mentor Orientation occurred in February and the first Mentor / Mentee lunch will occur 2/23/12.
- Participants in the program were asked to commit to a year’s participation. They may then continue the mentor relationship or not, as they choose.
- synergize! and the Chamber will co-host some activities throughout the year.
- There may be some incidenttal costs throughout the year for activities.
Expectations for Mentors include the following:
- Authenticity, and willing to share both successes and struggles with your mentee.
- Empathetic and able to view situations from another vantage point.
- Encouraging and supportive.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Open-minded and non-judgmental.
Expectations for Mentees include the following:
- Authentic, and willing to share both struggles and successes with your mentor.
- Open to feedback.
- Self-directed and motivated.
Contact us for more information about the Kee to Your Future Businesswomen’s Mentor Program from The Women’s Center at synergize!